CMSgt Kelly Gibbs is the Command Chief of 121st Air Refueling Wing (ARW), Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, Columbus, Ohio. As the Command Chief, she is responsible for advising ANG commanders and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, health, morale, and welfare of the wing’s enlisted Airmen.
Chief Gibbs enlisted as a traditional guard member in May 1987. She was first assigned to the 121st Resource Management Squadron as a Freight Traffic Specialist, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio. Her duties were to ensure the timely movement of all inbound and outbound military cargo. During her time serving as a traditional guard member, Chief Gibbs was also able to take advantage of the state tuition assistance program and pursue her college degree in elementary education. She would later become a special needs teacher teaching elementary aged students. In 1996 Chief Gibbs chose to step away from her teaching career and further her military career as an active guard reserve (AGR) member. She was assigned full-time as a Transportation Assistant, 121st Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS). Later in 2004, she became the Traffic Management Superintendent playing an integral role in an AFSC transformation that would bring vehicle operations into the Traffic Management work centers across the ANG enterprise. In 2012 Chief Gibbs chose to expand her logistics background and cross-train into the Material Management career field serving as the section flight chief. Chief Gibbs has also had the opportunity to serve in a logistics role abroad by deploying to various locations such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Prior to her current position as Command Chief, she was the Chief of Operations Compliance, 121 LRS, Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, Columbus, Ohio.
1991 NCO Prep Course, Rickenbacker ANGB, Columbus, Ohio
1992 Bachelor of Science Degree, Education, Ohio Dominican College, Columbus, Ohio 2001 NCO Academy, Rickenbacker ANGB, Columbus, Ohio
2003 USAF Senior NCO Academy, Rickenbacker ANGB, Columbus, Ohio 2015 Joint Senior NCO PME, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2015 Contemporary Base Issues Course, Defense Supply Center Columbus, Ohio 2015 Chief Executive Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2016 Associate in Applied Science, Bus Admin/Mgt Transport, Community College of the Air Force 2016 Senior Leader Regional Seminar (Europe, Middle East and China), Alan L. Freed Assoc. Washington, D.C.
2016 Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1. November 1987 – September 1994, Freight Traffic Specialist, 121st Resource Management Squadron, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio
2. October 1994 – January 2005, Traffic Management Assistant, 121st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio
3. February 2005 – September 2012, Traffic Management Superintendent, 121st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio
4. October 2012 – June 2014, Supervisory Supply Technician, 121st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio
5. June 2014- May 2016, Chief of Operations Compliance, 121st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio
6. May 2016 – Present, Command Chief, 121st Air Refueling Wing, Rickenbacker ANG, Ohio